Recent publications

Sunday, April 1, 2018

Issue 29: Artist Interview of Potaytoeez

FEATURE BLOG: Singapore Artist
Real name: Zhi Xin Tay

Nickname: potaytoeez
What's your background:

I'm a Singaporean, 22 this year.
I studied Diploma in Digital Animation in Singapore Polytechnic. My major is 3D animation currently working in a games company, Koei Tecmo as an Animator.

When did you start and what makes you start:

I began drawing/doodling since young, my maid used to teach me how to draw a tree and I think that was what made me wanted to draw more. My mum draws really well too, I guess that's where I got my drawing "genes". 
What's your greatest strength:

This is the question I always find hard to answer. Haha. I guess my strength is i'm always inspired by others, always wanting to try and explore new things.
Where does your inspiration comes from:

I'm inspired by a lot of great artists out there with different styles. My main inspiration is from Walt Disney. He shares the same birthday as me! All the classic movies like Snow white, Cinderella, Bambi, Jungle book, Sleeping beauty... There's too many to list.
What's the most challenging part about being an artist:

For me it's being consistent and getting yourself known. Time is always the main factor for my inconsistency in posting my drawings up. 
What is your best achievement:

Does completing 31 days of inktober despite working and schooling count? Hahaha.
I hope to unlock more achievements in the future! Like hitting more followers and opening my own online shop selling art stuff like prints, cards, drawings, stickers etc.

What's your favourite place to see art:

Instagram. It's very convenient even though it consumes a lot of mobile data. There are tons of awesome artists out there on instagram from all over the world and they post awesome stuff regularly.
 

- - -

SUPPORT ARTIST & SPREAD THE INSPIRATIONS, FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM & FACEBOOK


@ARTFULLYSG


DO YOU KNOW ASPIRING SG ARTIST TOO? REFER TO US!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome collaborations!