Recent publications

Thursday, March 1, 2018

Issue 28: Artist Interview of Artppetite

FEATURE BLOG: Singapore Artist
Real Name: Kai Xin
Nick/Artist Name: Artppetite

What’s your background? 

I’m an 18-year old girl with a passion for art. I’ve always been interested in Art but never had formal training - unless you count Community Centre art classes when I was a kid, and watching Youtube tutorials haha! JC is when I seriously began to pursue art, after I studied Higher 2 Art for my GCE A Levels. I’ve also always painted cards for family and friends, which inspired me to start posting my works on Instagram and start Artppetite. 


When did you start and what makes you started? 


5 years old! I have loved drawing and painting ever since I was a little girl. Believe it or not, when I was in kindergarten, my father gave me a paintbrush and paint, then let me paint on our living room wall. My “masterpiece” is still there till this day. I think this encapsulates the spirit of how my parents have always been very supportive and encouraging to let me do whatever I want and pursue my passion in art. 



 What is your greatest strength? 


My creativity (even though this uncreative answer may not seem very convincing).



Where does your Inspiration comes from? 


I love two things: good food and good art. So I combined my appetite for art and created Artppetite. I draw delicious food that I love - especially local Singaporean dishes like nasi lemak and kaya toast! 
 
 What is the most challenging part of being an Artist? 


How art is so subjective. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so one person may adore an artwork, but another person may hate it. But that’s also the beauty of art. 
















What is your best achievement? 

Completing my A Level coursework (I made a sculptural installation)!

What’s your favourite place to see art? 


Mother Nature. 

- - -

SUPPORT ARTIST & SPREAD THE INSPIRATIONS, FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM & FACEBOOK


@ARTFULLYSG


DO YOU KNOW ASPIRING SG ARTIST TOO? REFER TO US!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome collaborations!