Recent publications

Thursday, February 1, 2018

Issue 26: Artist Interview of Ming Goh

FEATURE BLOG: Singapore Artist

Real Name: Ming Goh
Nick/Artist Name: _mingoh

What's your background?
Am currently a full time Graphic Designer, and an Illustrator owl off working hours. 



When did you start and what makes you started?
It was at the end of 2016 that I decided to take a step forward to pursuing illustration. I have always loved handcrafted products made by illustrators and wished that one day I could be selling things that I create as well. It was at my very first flea market back in February, that pushed me even further. Seeing people actually digging my weird eccentric portraits, is always such an encouraging note for me.
What is your greatest strength?
I'm pretty lucid, when it comes to creating. I always have that idea or visual in my mind that I would want to achieve, even though my skill might not be able to get me there yet, I will still work towards it. Which is also my greatest weakness, as I become such a perfectionist at times.
Where does your inspiration comes from?
Travelling & People. I love travelling to new places - it is always such an eye opening experience. And the people that I've met along the way - meeting like-minded creatives who are driven inspires me to keep creating as well. 
What is the most challenging part about being an Artist?
Being yourself. In the modern world today, our life is constantly on display and sometimes we can forget about that especially in the works we create. When we post our works online, and it seems to be getting lesser likes or response from the public, you will tend to think about what went wrong there. And far often than not, we forget that creating art is about the process itself and the relationship between you and your art.
What is your best achievement?
Entering flea life and seeing that people actually like my works is perhaps the best achievement so far, but it is also only the first step to realising that my dreams and goals are very much achievable if I put my heart into it. And that is something I always tell myself, "Slowly, but surely".

What is your best achievement?
Entering flea life and seeing that people actually like my works is perhaps the best achievement so far, but it is also only the first step to realising that my dreams and goals are very much achievable if I put my heart into it. And that is something I always tell myself, "Slowly, but surely".


View Artist's Website here
- - -

SUPPORT ARTIST & SPREAD THE INSPIRATIONS, FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM & FACEBOOK


@ARTFULLYSG


DO YOU KNOW ASPIRING SG ARTIST TOO? REFER TO US!




No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome collaborations!