Recent publications

Friday, December 1, 2017

Issue 23: Artist Interview of Playgrd

FEATURE BLOG: Singapore Artist

Real name : Ming Jie or Gary
Nick/Artist name : ming | playgrd

When did you start and what makes you started? 
I have been doodling off and on since university days but never seriously. 
Around 3 years ago, while staying over night in the hospital with my daughter, I just decided to do an illustration on a tablet to while away time, and just got hooked.
Illustration is now like my fix whenever I'm too sick of work.

Where does your Inspiration comes from? 
All around me. Whenever I stare at an empty urban space, I find myself wondering about lives that have and could have touched the space. My works capture these memories, real and imagined, against the ever-changing urban landscape in Singapore.

What is your best achievement? 
Hmmm. None so far.

Which is your personal favourite? 
None actually. I'm quite detached from my works. 
The only attachment I feel is during the process itself.


Who inspires you? 
A few -
• Goh Poh Seng, a Singaporean author whom I draw a lot of inspiration from
• Kim Jung Gi, this Korean artist has mad skills!
Advice for aspiring artist? 
• I'm still aspiring as well!

- - -

SUPPORT ARTIST & SPREAD THE INSPIRATIONS, FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM & FACEBOOK


@ARTFULLYSG



DO YOU KNOW ASPIRING SG ARTIST TOO? REFER TO US!



No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome collaborations!