Recent publications

Thursday, June 1, 2017

Issue 17: Artist Interview of Doodles and Crap

FEATURE BLOG: Singapore Artist

Real Name: Angela Wu Wen Qi
Artist name: doodles_and_crap but named cheshirecat9116 on deviantart
When did I start and what got me started: 
My mum used to paint in front of me when I was little about three I think, and I guess I just picked it up from her. What got me started was all those horrible math classes and I'd pass the time just doodling in my books instead of actually paying attention. After that, I never stopped.





My Inspiration: I try to absorb everything but mostly disney and the american comic book industry... They've been a huge influence on my style as I hope to work for either industries when I get out of school.



Best Achievement:
I got to meet and have my work critiqued by Peter Steigerwald. Co-owner of Aspen Comics. He also showed me his personal sketchbook which helped me develop my art style even more.

Personal Favourite:
If we are talking about artists... Jim Lee, Michael Turner, Barry Windsor Smith, Glen Keane, Bruce Timm and Kentaro Miura

If we are talking about artworks: Michelangelo's Last Judgement 

Who inspires me: My Boss (if I don't draw, I'll starve.) 


Advice: Don't let anyone tell you that art is a waste of time.
Also, Malcom Gladwell's 10 000 hours of practice.... 


SUPPORT LOCAL ARTIST , FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM & FACEBOOK


@ARTFULLYSG


DO YOU KNOW ASPIRING SG ARTIST TOO? REFER TO US!


No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome collaborations!