Recent publications

Friday, April 7, 2017

Issue 15: Artist Interview of Da Donkey

FEATURE BLOG: Singapore Artist

Real name : Jia Yee
Nick/Artist name : Da Donkey

When did you start and what makes you started?

I started in July 2016 because there was an overwhelming amount of people doing calligraphy on Instagram. I've always loved doing art and I practiced calligraphy on my own. Then I thought, "Why don't I give it a go?" So here I am now.


Where does your Inspiration comes from?

Usually they come from different places, from scenic pictures to other people's works, it varies, really.

 

What is your best achievement?

Hahaha I don't really know. I guess i would consider meeting so many talented calligraphers and artists would be my best achievement. I would have never imagined being able to talk to such wonderful people before.

Which is your personal favourite? 

Hmmm... I can't really answer this one properly either. 
I personally prefer my galaxies best but I don't know about others.

 
 

Who inspires you?

So many people!! My family, poets, musicians and most importantly, letterers!! 

Advice for aspiring artist?


I'm not a professional but here's a little (stupid kind) of advice. Don't be afraid to try because posting your works on social media usually promotes positive criticism and a boost in self-esteem. Not just that, it also helps provide motivation and helps you improve so you should never be afraid to try new stuff and of course, make new friends!!


SUPPORT LOCAL ARTIST , FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM & FACEBOOK


@ARTFULLYSG



DO YOU KNOW ASPIRING SG ARTIST TOO? REFER TO US!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome collaborations!