Recent publications

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Issue 13: Artist Interview of Bisukiut

FEATURE BLOG: Singapore Artist

Her Real name is Suryani Md Yusup
Nick/Artist name: Bisukiut/ Yaney Yusup




When did you start and what makes you start?
I've been drawing since young. It has always been a hobby. Something i do when I have free time. I started drawing more consistently around 2014, when mom was diagnosed with cancer and i needed something to keep my spirits up.



Where does your inspiration come from?
I am inspired mostly by the things around me and by everyday events. I am also inspired by words... authors' descriptions of characters. Basically anything and everything can become an inspiration for my art pieces.




What is your best achievement?
My best achievement is having my merlion drawing become a piece of crochet afghan made by Yarnbombing Singapore group. The piece was displayed at Maker Faire 2016.



Which is your personal favourite?
I have a couple of favourites. One of them is this digital drawing of my family done in 2014. It took me a few weeks to complete. I usually don't colour in my artwork but this was a birthday present for mom. It was worth all the extra time spent coz she absolutely loves it!




Who inspires you?
I am inspired by many manga artists like Tite Kubo. I also love the work of Christopher Hart, whose how-to-draw books I loved to borrow from the library when I was younger. I still occassionally check his book for references and tips.





Advice for aspiring artist?
For those aspiring to be artists, always draw from the heart. If your art work seem a bit off, keep workin on it till you're satisfied with it. Sometimes one thing doesn't work. Don't be afraid to explore. Over time, you will develop your own style and people will recognize your work.



SUPPORT LOCAL ARTIST , FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM & FACEBOOK


@ARTFULLYSG

DO YOU KNOW ASPIRING SG ARTIST TOO? REFER TO US!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome collaborations!