Recent publications

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Issue 1: Artist Interview of E'von LeAngelis S.


Illustration by E'von LeAngelis S.







Her real name is Yvonne Soh.
Our interview questions with her:

When did you start and what makes you started?
I love to draw since I was a child, but in order to have a better job prospect, I was discouraged to do art for my ‘O’ Levels. After I graduated from my Diploma in Interior Design programme 3 years ago, I decided to revisit my childhood passion. I started drawing, knowing nothing about illustrations nor been through any proper art classes.
How do you find your inspiration?
My main inspirations come from movies, illustrators, the nature and mostly my dreams. Sometimes, it comes from thoughts I had when I was a child.
What is your best achievement?
I have got 3 of my artworks featured in 2 to 4 metres in length so far. I guess I am really lucky to be able to see more than one of my works printed taller than I am. It feels as if I am stepping into my world of illustration!
Which is your personal favourite?
“Once Upon an Oil Palm Plantation” would be one of my favourite. It is a drawing I did to remind myself of a summer vacation, riding through the plantation. It was an unforgettable experience!




Who inspires you (favourite artist)?
May Ann Licudine, Jimmy Liao, Hayao Miyazaki, Beatrix Potter and many more!
Words or advice for aspiring artist?
Do not underestimate the audience. You will not know until you meet them. Show them what you have!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome collaborations!